Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Oh my....

I haven't kept up well on this for awhile!  Well, just a little tidbit for you today.  Very windy today.  Fire alert with 40-45 mph winds.  Neighbor Ralph burnt some ditches yesterday and apparently there was something smoldering somewhere.  The fire took off and Lynn and Kelly spent some time helping to put that out.  Come to think of it, I bet Ralph isn't home.  His brother works for us, though, so I'm sure he was there, too.
The hogs have some unknown skin disease that I bet they brought from the nursery.  All 4,000 of them have to be sprayed down with a foam--3 days in a row!

You know, I don't think people realize what the life of a farmer really is.  First of all, you have to be a self-starter.  You also have to be a mechanic, business man/woman, mathematician, understand marketing and computers, be a great planner, know animals and animal diseases/behaviors....  The list goes on.  Most of all, I think you have to be spiritual because after a long, hard spring and summer, it's pretty disheartening to have the corn all blown over in one night.  We need to understand that this is God's world and we just do the best we can every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment